|Bell Peppers (Capsicum)||3|
|Chili Powder||1 tsp|
|Firm Tofu||200 gm|
|Ginger garlic Paste||1 tsp|
|Rice Vinegar||1/4 tsp|
|Soy Sauce||3 1/2 tbsp|
|Spring onion||2 sprigs|
- Make tofu marinade : Mix 3 tbsp Soy Sauce with chili powder and salt.
- Prep the tofu : Slice your tofu into approximately 2 cm wide squares of 1/2 cm thick. Stuff each piece of Tofu with a small piece of chopped garlic and marinate it in the tofu marinade that we prepared. Let it sit for at least 10 - 15 mins.
- Prep the veg : While the tofu marinates, chop your vegetables. Slice your bell peppers into long thin slices. Chop the baby corn, onion and spring onions. Slit the chilies.
- Heat oil in the pan. Add ginger garlic paste and onion. Once the ginger garlic paste has cooked and the onions turn slightly soft and pink, add the rest of the vegetables except spring onions and saute.
- After 5 mins, add the rice vinegar and 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- Mix cornflour in hot water enough to make a smooth paste of cornflour. Add this cornflour mixture to the vegetables. Then add the remaining water. Cook in slow flame till the gravy forms a cloudy consistency and thickens.
- Add in the tofu and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve the gravy hot with boiled rice or noodles.
- Use Bell peppers of different colors to give the dish a pop of color.
- Add any other additional vegetables of your choice.