|Cinnamon||1 Inch stick|
|Fried onion (optional)||To Garnish|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tsp|
- Prep: Thinly slice the onion. Fry the cashew nuts till golden brown and keep it separately. Soak the rice for 30 mins with enough amount of water.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.Add the bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom. After 10 secs add the ginger garlic paste and the thinly sliced onion.Saute till the onion is cooked.
- Add the soaked rice (after draining the water). Then add 1 1/4 cup of water and salt to it. Cook the rice with the usual number of whistles.
- Once the pressure has settled in the cooker, garnish the rice with cashew nuts. Serve the rice.
- Replace oil with ghee for a more special flavor.
- If you do not have a pressure cooker, cook the rice in a pan. A pressure cooker just helps make the rice cooking simple.
- Do not overcook the rice a this make the rice mushy and give it a lumpy consistency.