A drink fit for the royals and with nothing other than the king of fruits the Mango!! This isn't a regular mango milkshake but the Asian version with yogurt know as the mango Lassi. Lassi is a popular yogurt based drink served in the indian sub continent and is famously drunk without any fruit flavors but with a lot of spices.. The most famous version of it with a fruit is this mango lassi which is what our recipe here is all about.. Enjoy your summer with a chilled glass of mango lassi!
Make sure you save some mango chunks for when you serve this drink to oomph.. up the presentation factor. This will give you brownie points and win over your family and guests as in a restaurant or anywhere generally when the lassi is served, they would just serve it as a drink with no fruit chunks giving just one dimension to the drink..
1 mango, diced into large pieces
1 cup thick yogurt
1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
Sugar as required
Water / Ice as required
Pistachio nuts, chopped for serving
- Blend half the mango with the yoghurt, some water and sugar to make the mango lassi.
- Serve it chilled topped with a tablespoon of chunked mangoes and some chopped pistachio nuts.
- Add water to dilute the lassi to the desired consistency. The right consistency for Lassi is a smoothie like consistency.
- If you want make the lassi and serve it immediately, add ice cubes instead of water when you blend the lassi.
- If you plan to add ice to your lassi after blending, be aware that the lassi will become lighter in consistency. Add ice cubes accordingly or just before you serve.
- If you don't have fresh mangoes, you can also use mango puree for the recipe.
- Serve with mint leaves and chopped nuts. This is optional.